2016 Hainan International Marathon to be held in Sanya on February 28
The 2016 Hainan International Marathon is scheduled to be held on February 28th in Sanya. The starting point will be located at the Sanya Beauty Grand Theater. From there, the runners will pass through the beautiful Sanya Bay before reaching the race’s endpoint at the Sanya Serenity Marina.
According to the organizing committee, the upcoming first Hainan International Marathon will have only three competition options, all held on February 28th: the full marathon (42.195km), the half marathon (21.0975km) and the mini marathon (5km).
Shower facilities will be available for the runners, and medical areas will be set up every 10 km along the marathon route. The first Hainan International Marathon is expected to attract 20,000 runners, including 5,000 for the full race, 5,000 for the half race, and 10,000 for the mini race.
The organizing committee plans to invite some high-level athletes from overseas countries and regions; total prize money will be RMB 1 million.
1. Full marathon participants must be aged 20 or above.
2. Mini marathon participants must be aged 16 or above.
3. There are no restrictions on the age of mini-marathon participants; those in good physical condition are allowed to participate in the mini-marathon.
4. Teenagers under 18 must be accompanied by a guardian.
5. People suffering the following diseases are deemed unfit to run the race: congenital or rheumatic heart disease / hypertension or cerebrovascular disease / myocarditis or other cardiac diseases / coronary artery disease or serious arrhythmia / diabetes / pregnant /any other risk-prone diseases.
6. The number of participants for the full marathon, half marathon and mini marathon is limited to 5,000, 5,000 and 10,000 respectively. Registration will automatically close when the runner quota is full.
How to register
Registration period: 10:00 a.m. on December 20th till 5:00 p.m. on January 9th
Payment period: 10:00 a.m. on January 10th to 5:00 p.m. on January 16th
Online registration Official website: http: //www.hainan-marathon.com/
1) Chinese participants (including Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan): The registration fees for the full marathon, half marathon and mini marathon are RMB 100/person, RMB 100/person and RMB 50/person, respectively.
2) Overseas participants: The registration fees for the full marathon, half marathon and mini marathon are $50/person, $50/person and $30/person, respectively.
Hainan International Marathon Organizing Committee
Working hours: 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.; 2:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. (Monday to Friday)