Cultural activities to welcome 2015 Lantern Festival in Haikou
To welcome this year’s Lantern Festival, which falls on March 5, a series of cultural activities will be held in Haikou at the Fucheng in Qiongshan District and Hainan Flower Grand World between Feb 16 and March 6th.
The Lantern Show is being held at Sanjiao Park in Fucheng from February 16 to March 5.
A 2-hour Folk Custom Parade will start at 3:00pm on March 5 at the Fucheng Dayuan Road, passing through Zhuyun Road, Zhongjie Road, Zhongshan North Road and Xicheng Road.
Cultural events at Fucheng Town in Qiongshan District:
1. The Lantern Show is being held at Sanjiao Park in Fucheng from February 16 to March 5.
2. Lion Dancing Performances will be held from 5:00pm-7:00pm at Xincheng Road, Jianguo Road and Xhongshan North Road on March 5.
3. Painting & calligraphy exhibition in celebration of Lantern Festival will be held at Sanjiao Park in Fucheng on March 4-6.
4. A 2-hour Folk Custom Parade will start at 3:00pm on March 5 at the Fucheng Dayuan Road, passing through Zhuyun Road, Zhongjie Road, Zhongshan North Road and Xicheng Road.
A Flower Exchanging Dance will be held at Hainan Flower Grand World from 7:00pm-8:30pm on March 5.
Cultural events at Hainan Flower Grand World:
1. A Praying Activity will be held 7:00pm-8:30pm on March 5. Tourists and residents can tie their wishes to important places to pray for blessings in the new year.
2. A Guessing Lantern Riddles and a Flower Exchanging Dance will be also held from 7:00pm-8:30pm on the day.
SOURCE: WOS Team
News appearing here is the property of www.whatsonsanya.com, however, for those who wish to copy the contents in part or in full, please make reference and link the article copied to our site. Whatsonsanya.com does not necessarily endorse their views or the accuracy of their content. For copyright infringement issues please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Previous news: Sanya sets up new rules to regulate tropical fruit market
Next news: Face-kinis hit the beaches in Sanya