Sanya unveils detailed plan to limit motorcycle numbers in the city
Sanya recently announced a detailed plan to manage the number of e-bikes on the streets as well as limit the number of motorcycles in the city.
There are now over 21,000 motorcycles registered in the city, amongst which only 2,800 are up to date with their annual inspections and have all requisite license certificates.
The regulations will come into force in the middle of March and public roads affected include four regions and two road sections:
1. The city central Region: the Intersection of Fenghuang Road and Hedong Road(Railway Station Intersection), the Intersection of Fenghuang Road and Jinjiling Road, the Intersection of Hedong Road and Jinjiling Road, the Intersection of Sanya Bay Road and Jinjiling Road(Yinhai Intersection) and the Intersection of Fenghuang Road and Yingbin Road(Police Station Intersection).
2. The Sanya Bay Region: the Intersection of Sanya Bay Road and Xincheng Road, the Intersection of Xincheng Road and Haihong Road, the Intersection of Haihong Road and Sanya Bay Road and
3. Sanya Railway Station Region: Yuxin Road, Yuxiu Road and the roads within the Railway Station.
4. Roads in the Dadonghai Area, Luhuitou Area and Sanya Bay Road
5. The two road sections including the section of from Yingbin Road Intersection to Sanya College Intersection and the section from Yinhai Road Intersection of Sanya Bay Road to Haihong Square.