A five-star hotel in south China's Hainan Province was fined 618,000 yuan (about US$97,200) yesterday after 141 people was sickened by food poisoning Sunday, according to local food safety watchdog.

The Sanya City Food and Drug Administration also confiscated materials used to make food that allegedly sickened vacationers.

The 141 vacationers were sent for medical treatment after their breakfast from 7 am to 10 am in the Howard Johnson Hotel on Sunday.

Salmonella was detected in samples from the suspect food.

The municipal government of Sanya, a city known as a tourist resort, has called for supervision of food security in its restaurants, including those in hotels, to be strengthened. 

SOURCE: Shanghai Daily
Editorial Message 
This site contains materials from other clearly stated media sources for the purpose of discussion stimulation and content enrichment among our members only. 
whatsonsanya.com does not necessarily endorse their views or the accuracy of their content. For copyright infringement issues please contact editor@whatsonsanya.com