Food poisoning victims at Howard Johnson Resort Sanya Bay rise to 141
28 guests left the hospital after treatment while 113 others remained in the hospital for further observation. No one was in critical condition.
The number of people who were suspected of being poisoned after having breakfast in Howard Johnson Resort Sanya Bay on Sunday has risen to 141 from 120 by Monday night.
Guests in the five-star resort hotel felt sick shortly after having breakfast on Sunday morning and 120 of them, including 4 Russian tourists and 2 Japanese tourists, were sent to the local hospitals for treatment.
28 guests left the hospitals after treatment while 113 others remained in the hospital for further observation. No one was in critical condition.
A virus-induced acute gastroenteritis was suspected to be the cause of the food poisoning, according to a preliminary test by the doctors.
The Howard Johnson Resort Sanya Bay apologized to the guests on its official micro blog Monday evening and pledged to deal with the matter properly.