An investigation has been launched on 2 restaurants in Sanya after nearly 40 tourists were sickened in food poisoning case on 23rd April.

According to the investigation result conducted by the Sanya Food and Drug Administration, a total of 23 tourists were infected with Staphylococcus Aureus in this case. During the investigation, Sanya Jialvyuan Restaurant was ordered to suspend business while Sanxiangrenjia Restaurant was asked to rectify.

On 22nd April, 116 tourists from Haikou had supper at Jialvyuan Restaurant and checked into Fuhua Hotel after they arrived in Sanya at night. On the next morning, the tourist group had their breakfast at the Sanxiangrenjia Restaurant located on the ground floor of Fuhua Hotel.

After that, some tourists began to suffer headache, vomiting and diarrhea on the way to Nanshan Cultural Tourism Zone. The sickened were taken to the Sanya Nongken Hospital and discharged from the hospital on 24th April.

23 tourists were confirmed infected with Staphylococcus Aureus while 2 suspicious restaurants were found operating illegally in the investigation. Jialvyuan Restaurant was ordered to halt business while Sanxiangrenjia Restaurant was asked to rectify.

Editorial Message
News translation appearing here is the property of, however, for those who wish to copy the contents in part or in full, please make reference and link the article copied to our site. does not necessarily endorse their views or the accuracy of their content. For copyright infringement issues please contact