Haikou delegation to visit Scandinavia for South China Sea developments
A high ranking delegation from the China National Institute for South China Sea Studies in Haikou, Hainan, China, under the leadership of its President, Dr. Wu Shicun, is visiting Scandinavia, and will discuss China’s policies in the South China Sea with a representative group of Norwegian researchers.
– President Wu Shicun will give a general introduction to China’s South China Sea policy and recent developments.
– Li Jianwei and Nong Hong will speak briefly about the legal claims of China and other claimant states.
– Liu Feng and Yan Yan will add remarks about recent engagements of external states.
After these introductorary talks there will be a lively debate among:
– Geir Ulfstein (University of Oslo, a specialist on the law of the sea)
– Leiv Lunde (Director, Fridtjof Nansen Institute)
– Johan Henrik Nossum (lawyer at Selmer with expertise in the law of the sea)
– Øystein Tunsjø (Institute of Defence Studies)
– Jo Inge Bekkevold (Institute of Defence Studies)
whatsonsanya.com does not necessarily endorse their views or the accuracy of their content. For copyright infringement issues please contact firstname.lastname@example.org