729k visitors in Sanya over 2020 National Day holiday, hotel occupancy topped 82%
Sanya received a total of 729,200 visitors during the 2020 National Day holiday, up 12.96 percent year-on-year. Tourism revenue reached RMB 4.019 billion, a year-on-year increase of 39.33 percent. The tourist arrivals included 503,330 overnight stay tourists and 103,000 one-day tourists.
Hotel occupancy rate
The hotel room occupancy rate across the city averaged 75 percent, a year-on-year increase of 9.36 percent.
The average hotel room rates and average hotel occupancy rates in four major bays and the downtown area:
Yalong Bay (RMB 1,959; 82.77 percent)
Haitang Bay (RMB 2,142; 75.01 percent)
Sanya Bay (RMB 620; 80.11 percent)
Dadonghai (RMB 706; 76.14 percent)
Downtown area (RMB 433; 64.09 percent)
Tourist arrivals at major attractions
Tianya Haijiao Scenic Spot
Nanshan Tourism Culture Zone
Major scenic spots and rural sites in Sanya together received a total of 919,700 visitors. The tourist arrivals at the major scenic spots in Sanya:
– Nanshan Tourism Culture Zone (150,500 visitors)
– Wuzhizhou Island (66,200 visitors)
– Sanya Yalong Bay Tropical Paradise Forest Park (76,000 visitors)
– Sanya Tianya Haijiao Scenic Spot (81,600 visitors)
– Sanya Romance Park (185,200 visitors)
– Sanya Dongtian Park (23,700 visitors)
– Luhuitou Park (26,100 visitors)
– West Island (17,300 visitors)
– Atlantis Sanya resort complex (96,600 visitors)
– Haichang Fantasy Town (70,100 visitors)
– "The Red Detachment of Women" Performance Park (26,100 visitors)
Major rural sites in Sanya together received a total of 59,500 visitors, a year-on-year increase of 27.39 percent.
The tourist arrivals at the rural sites in Sanya:
– Sanya Yalong Bay International Rose Valley (19,700 visitors)
– Sanya Haitang Bay National Paddy Field Park (9,700 visitors)
– Zhongliao Village (2,200 visitors)
– Bohou Village (23,700 visitors)
– Damao Village – Sanya Sino-Nature Garden (4,100 visitors)
Air & rail passenger throughput
Further, from September 30th to October 7th, 2020, the city handled 838,700 passengers, a year-on-year increase of 6.63 percent.
During the same period, the Sanya Phoenix International Airport operated a total of 2,985 flights and passenger throughput reached 485,400. The Sanya Railway Station saw 353,300 passengers.
Per-capita consumption of overnight visitors was RMB 2,446.86 per day during the holiday, and per-capita consumption of one-day tour visitors reached RMB 1,251.05.