Hainan launches 8-month crackdown on traffic violations
The Traffic Police Corps of the Hainan Provincial Public Security Department announced that in order to support the development of the Hainan Free Trade Zone (Port), the department is launching an eight-month-long island-wide campaign aimed at traffic violation enforcement, from April 23rd, 2020 to December 31st, 2020.
The crackdown will focus on the following traffic offenses:
– driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol;
– illegal parking, illegally changing lanes, and illegal use of lights;
– running red lights or driving across forbidden lines;
– using fake plates and/or a fake driver’s license, and/or intentionally covering up a vehicle’s plates;
– failure to wear a helmet when riding a motorcycle and/or electric vehicle;
– failure to use a seat belt;
– failure to yield to pedestrians at crosswalks.
Besides, starting from May 1st, 2020, the Traffic Police Detachment of the Sanya Public Security Bureau will begin to punish traffic offenses along the Sanya two-way road section (215 km to 308 km) on Hainan’s G98 round-the-island expressway