Sanya imposes fines on “uncivilized behavior” in the city
Sanya is clamping down on “uncivilized behavior” across the city by imposing a number of fines it hopes will act as deterrents to bad behavior.
The campaign is part of a government effort to create a “civilized and harmonious” tourist environment, and to help Sanya develop into a national “civilized city.”
The fines are as follows:
1. People caught spitting, spitting out chewing betel nut juice and/or gum, and/or urinating or defecating on public grounds in Sanya will be subject to a RMB 50 fine, and required to clean it up.
2. People caught littering, including by improperly discarding fruit peels, paper scraps, cigarette butts, beverage cans, and/or plastic bags will be subject to a RMB 50 fine, and will be ordered to clean up their litter.
3. People who fail to dispose of domestic garbage, sewage, or feces properly will be subject to a RMB 50 fine, and will be ordered to clean it up.
4. People who hang or stack articles outside balconies, windows, or roofs of buildings along major public streets and/or key areas of the city without authorization, and thereby detract from the thoroughfare’s attractiveness, will be ordered to conduct “self-inspection” and make improvements within a set time, and will face fines of between RMB 50 and RMB 300.
5. People who inscribe, deface, spray, and/or place advertising flyers on public buildings, public facilities, roads, trees and/or utility poles without authorization will be ordered to clean up the surface they defaced, and will face a fine of between RMB 200 and RMB 2,000.
6. If a government servant is subjected to administrative punishment, his/her unit will be ordered to conduct a “criticism education”; if the circumstances are serious, the work unit shall be criticized in a circulated notice.
The Comprehensive Administrative Law Enforcement Department of Sanya hopes that everyone will abide by the city’s rules and regulations and be responsible tourists and residents.
Sanya Government Service Hotline: 12345
Comprehensive Administrative Law Enforcement Department of Sanya: +86-898-8859 5007
Previous news: Hello Kitty Theme Park Resort to open in Sanya in 2024
Next news: Sanya leads Hainan FTZ in signing deals on 11 projects