10 best resorts in Hainan selected by e Travel Blackboard
Each resort has its own architectural integrity, mixing traditional Chinese, Zen and modern styles to create a unique experience, blending perfectly with the mountain and beach surrounds. So the question remains, where should I stay? Well we have compiled ten of our favourite resorts, that all offer a seductive mix of both luxury and style.
10. Horizon Resort and Spa – Situated on a 9km stretch of silver beach. You’ll enjoy unparalleled opportunities for relaxation while you unwind in luxurious surroundings. With some 1000 rooms, Horizon’s is one of the largest and most comprehensive resort complexes in all of Asia.
9. HNA Beach and Spa Resort – With traditionally inspired Ming Dynasty furnishings, combined with modern luxuries HNA guarantees a unique resort experience that will get you in touch with traditional Chinese design and styles.
8. Howard Johnsons – Where royalty heads for regeneration, Howard Johnson’s atmosphere centres around clear-blue lagoons, swimming pools and spas. Promising five star quality service and facilities, it is Asia’s largest beach-side resort with more than 1000 rooms and villas on offer.
7. Narada – The Narada is the only five-star hotel including both tropical forest and natural hot springs in Hainan. It is famous across China as the best resort for spa and relaxation and renowned for its variety of therapy treatments.
6. Crowne Plaza Sanya – Step back in time to the Ming Dynasty at the Crowne Plaza, where a multi-million dollar display of Chinese traditions will bring a cultural flavour to your holiday. It is also the official hotel of the Miss World 2010 contestants.
5. Mandarin Oriental Sanya – This 5 star marvel, is stepped in ancient Chinese tradition. The Feng Shui inspired resort offers the best in both luxury and privacy, featuring beautiful spa facilities as well as a 1.2km private beach, relax and enjoy the secluded bliss of Island living.
4. Mangrove Tree Resort – Where opulence meets the ocean. Relax in this stunning Balinese style ocean side resort, which has been voted into the top ten resorts in China every year since it opened. With stunning ocean views and some of the finest sunsets in Hainan enjoy this romantic location with someone special.
3. Sheraton – Celebrate internationally renowned luxury on the shores of the world’s finest coastline. With lush tropical gardens and lavish luxurious settings, the Sheraton also features a professional standard golf course, private beach and over 7 restaurants and bars.
2. Pullman’s – Set among the lush tropical gardens and endless blue lagoons of Sanya’s tranquil coastline. Pullman’s offers the ultimate in luxury and relaxation, featuring 115 exclusive villas as well as some of the most complete Spa facilities of any hotel on the island.
1. Le Méridien – Set among the gorgeous tropical rainforests of Shimei Bay, this 12-hectare resort community features one of the finest stretches of coastline in Hainan. Le Méridien is also the only hotel that has its own separate island, which is fully equipped for all water activities.
whatsonsanya.com does not necessarily endorse their views or the accuracy of their content. For copyright infringement issues please contact email@example.com