Banyan Tree Sanya ranks among world’s top 25 hotels in 2009
From a list of thousands, Conde Nast Traveller magazine has selected 70 of the best new places to stay from 30 countries around the world for its annual Hot List guide.
Of the 70 hotels listed only two were Australian, the Sal Salis Ningaloo Reef at Cape Range National Park, Western Australia, and the Southern Ocean Lodge at Kangaroo Island, South Australia.
The Sal Salis Ningaloo Reef is a solar-powered eco-lodge which offers “wild bush luxury”. It’s environmentally friendly as all structures are built on platforms above the ground, all power is solar generated and water usage is minimal.
Meanwhile, the Southern Ocean Lodge is luxury accommodation with sea views through floor-to-ceiling glass. It has a restaurant, bar, lounge and terrace together in an open-plan space with white limestone walls and timber floors.
The Hot List 2009 (in alphabetical order)
1. Aman at Summer Palace, Beijing, China
2. Aman New Delhi, India
3. Anantara Phuket Resort and Spa
4. Atlantis the Palm, Dubai
5. Banyan Tree Sanya, China
6. Borgo Santo Pietro, Tuscany, Italy
7. Carbon, Genk, Belgium
8. Castiglion Del Bosco, Tuscany, Italy
9. Cavallo Point, San Francisco, US
10. Citizen M Schiphol, Amsterdam, Netherlands
11. Clouds Mountain Gorilla Lodge, Uganda
12. Crazy Bear, Beaconsfield, England
13. Desert Island Resort and Spa, Abu Dhabi,
14. Diva, Maldives
15. Dontainebleau, Miami Beach, US
16. Four Seasons Hotel Firenze, Florence, Italy
17. Four Seasons Hotel Macao, Cotai Strip, Macau
18. Four Seasons Resort Bora Boar, French Polynesia
19. Four Seasons Resort Mauritius, Mauritius
20. Geejam, Jamaica
21. Hilton Moscow, Leningradskaya, Russia
22. Hotel Du Vin Poole, Dorset, UK
23. Hotel Montefiore, Tel Aviv, Israel
24. Hotel Santa Teresa, Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
25. Hotel Tugu Lombok, Indonesia
whatsonsanya.com does not necessarily endorse their views or the accuracy of their content. For copyright infringement issues please contact firstname.lastname@example.org