6 figures for you to learn about Lingshui, Hainan
Lingshui is located on the southern East Coast of Hainan, about 70 km from Sanya as the crow flies. The local population (318, 691) is a mix of Han, Li and Miao people.
Lingshui is an important agricultural centre for tropical produce as well as salt water pearl cultivation. There are a number of well known tourist spots located in the county including Monkey Island and Boundary Island.
Tourist enjoy the Lingshui sour noodles, the local rice noodle soup speciality. Significant festivals that take place annually in Lingshui include the Dragon Boat Festival and the San Yue San Festival (third day of the third lunar month).
Here is a list of six figures for visitors to learn about Lingshui, Hainan.
1. Lingshui lies at a latitude of 18 degrees north, almost the same as other world-famous holiday resorts, such as Hawaii, Bali, the Maldives and Cancun.
2. The average annual temperature in Lingshui is a comfortable 25.4 degrees Celcius.
Lingshui enjoys comfortable temperature all year round with a yearly average temperature of 25.4 degrees Celsius.
The weather is cooler in summer and warmer in winter. With abundant sunshine and green mountains, Lingshui has earned the nickname “Big Natural Greenhouse.”
3. Lingshui enjoys a tropical oceanic monsoon climate and has over 300 sunny days a year.
4. Lingshui boasts a 57.5 km long coastline.
Lingshui has three major bays, namely Tufu Bay, Qingshui Bay (known as the “Singing Beach) and Xiangshui Bay (known as the “Dancing Beach”).
5. Lingshui has a range of 24 different mountains in total.
Lingshui is home to 24 large and small mountains, such as Gangmen Ridge, Diaoluo Mountain and Daxiao Chiling Mountain. Sanjiao Peak, at a height of 1,449 meters above sea level, is the highest point in Lingshui. Forests cover 62 percent of the land area.
6. Water visibility in Lingshui is up to 27 meters.
Praised as the “Pearl Coast,” Lingshui not only boasts abundant seafood resources, but also enjoys gorgeously clean seawater, with the highest water visibility of up to 27 meters.
SOURCE: WOS Team