Mushroom chicken rice is one of the Chinese most famous dish, but when cooked in this manner, will produce a fantastic one that you'll eat them up at one sitting!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Clay-pot, bowls, serving plate.
1 chicken leg, boneless, chop into small sections, about 1-2-inches length
10 oz./ 300 g rice
1 raw egg, beaten
2-3 mushrooms, remove stems, thinly shredded
3-5 stalks spinach
5 slices fresh ginger
4 garlic cloves, sliced
3-4 hot red peppers
5 tbsps. vegetable oil
2 tbsps. sugar
4 tbsps. light soy sauce
4 tbsps. Chinese rice wine, or dry sherry
1 tsp. sugar
1 tbsp. light soy sauce
1 tbsp. ground black pepper
1 tbsp. five-spice powder
1 tbsp. minced garlic cloves
3 tbsps. sesame oil
1 tbsp. Chinese rice wine, or dry sherry
1. Gently combine the chopped chicken leg with the marinade in a bowl, mix well and let them marinate for about 1 hour.
2. Rinse spinach well before cooking, then blanch them in boiling water until the colour turns jade green, which will take about 15 seconds, then transfer them to a bowl of cold water to stop the cooking.
3. Soften the shredded mushrooms by soaking in warm water for about 20 minutes, then drain well and squeeze out excess water. In a bowl, gently combine them with 2-3 tbsps. seasoning A.
4. Preheat a wok over high heat for 1 minute before adding 2 tbsps. vegetable oil, heat until hot, then saute 5 slices ginger briefly over moderate heat, add sliced garlic cloves and pepper, stir fry until aromatic, about 20 seconds.
5. Put the marinated chicken leg back into the wok in question, pan fry bothsides for 1-2 minutes until golden brown, then add the remaining seasoning A and stir, bring to a boil.
6. Rinse the rice well, then place into a clay-pot, add 6-10 oz. water and 1 tbsp. vegetable oil, stir to mix well. Cook them over high heat with the lid off, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
7. Put on the lid and reduce heat to low when the water reduced about half, continue to cook for another 15-20 minutes, or until the rice turns out dry.
8. Add the chicken legs and mushrooms into the clay-pot, cover and cook over low heat for another 10 minutes.
9. Put the beaten egg and spinach into the pot, cover and keep cooking for another 5 minutes.
10. When cooked, serve hot.
This site contains materials from other clearly stated media sources for the purpose of discussion stimulation and content enrichment among our members only.
whatsonsanya.com does not necessarily endorse their views or the accuracy of their content. For copyright infringement issues please contact firstname.lastname@example.org